Identify a concept that is often misunderstood in your discipline. Can you think of an analogy that can help make the concept make sense to students?
- Does this analogy take into account where students are coming from in their previous experiences?
- Or how could you break that concept down into bite-size chunks so your students can more easily digest that harder-to-acquire information?
- Re-state your misunderstood concept and then identify and expand on how you would explain your concept through an analogy.
- Explain the analogy in writing and include a visual metaphorical representation of this analogy (perhaps use the Curator Module Consider This activity as a guide to finding an image).
- After you make your submission, save the web address to your response (found in the green confirmation box) so you can use it later for your badge submission form.
This activity is part of the Prior Knowledge section of the Teacher for Learning Module.
Example for "Misunderstood":